On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:40 AM, Florian Effenberger
<flo...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> I have the version the German association uses here. It will not fit 1:1,
> but it might serve as a starter. I'm sending it to you via private mail,
> Charles, as well as all other German BoD members. Maybe someone can help
> with translating, since it's in German only. Otherwise, Google translate
> might be a starter for a (very) rough overview. ;-)

May i ask that the official languages for anything but the official
statute be English(*).

iow. the binding version of the rule of procedure, bylaws etc..
(everything but the official berlin state approved statues) be the
English one.

There is nothing more frustrating than 'oh, but the German version
does not quite say that, it really does not translate quite well, what
it _really_ means is...'

Norbert

(*) common English, not legalese English. that is the meaning of the
words must be the commonly understood meaning, not a special
legal-context meaning, even if that require more words to express.
These documents are our own, they should not require a law degree to
interpret, nor should it be acceptable to have argument like 'you're
not a lawyer... trust me this _really_ mean:...)

=
Ce qui se conçoit bien s'énonce clairement - Et les mots pour le dire
arrivent aisément.
[whatever is well conceived is clearly said... and the words to say it
flow with ease. ]
L'Art poétique (1674)
Citations de Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux