Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2012-02-27 19:39:

Why ? these are extra-internal documents not subject to Berlin state
review right?
So they can be in Sanskrit  if we choose to.

they are not under the Berlin state review, that's right. However, they are legal (!) part of a German foundation, since they are included via their statutes. Therefore, they must be in German.

You cannot ask our membership to vote to approve a text they cannot
read. the community bylaw that will be vote upon _have_ to be the
english one. that is the only version that is voted-upon and agreed to
by the membership, hence it _is_ the binding version.

I told you how the legal system works. You can either believe it or not. However, it makes sense you trust the local guy, which is me. ;-)

Nobody said running an international entity is an easy task, but I think we're doing good. As long as we have proper translations, everything is allright.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108