El 2020-07-17 11:12, Thorsten Behrens escribió:
Hi Franklin, all,

Franklin Weng wrote:
BTW, even if it becomes 15th useless channel, which can be tweaked,
tried and improved from the running experiences, it will not be a
big deal IMO.

Sure, it would create more silos & further fracture the community.

As I said during the board call - this is lovely technology, that I
can imagine we can put to good use, for some areas.

But it doesn't solve the 'too many channels' problem (as it was
advertised to do). Let's not fool ourselves.

Unless we're willing to shut down mailing lists & telegram channels,
and actively shepherd community members over.

We have to show the community the usefulness of the platform. We can't make use mandatory, that doesn't work.

I already commented on the numbers related to the number of subscribers that have some mailing lists, and such numbers are not representative of the whole community IMO.

--
DAR