On 28.08.2020 08:18, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Hi,

Hello Andreas,

I have two first questions to the candidates:

first of all, let me say thanks for dedicating your time to the Project and for asking these questions.

a) regarding the mission of the MC (§ 12 of the statutes) have you
already participated in board calls during the last two years as
external (non-member)?

After the end of my term as board member (February 19th 2020) I had the chance to join the public part of the board calls only two times. Unfortunately the call was conflicting with other calls related to my daily job. For staying updated on what is going on at TDF I'm reading the public minutes, the information shared on this list and on the internal member list. If I'll be elected I'll adjust my calendar trying to keep the board call slot available for having the chance to directly attend the public part of the board calls.

b) What is your personal take on a 'cooling down' periode between being
a member of leading bodies of the foundation, regarding the first
sentence in the statutes § 12?

Our statutes don't require a "cooling period" before joining one of the governing bodies. I agree with Dennis that an elected member of the MC should remain in charge until the end of the term, avoiding to step-down after having the confirmation of being elected in the Board of Directors.
I can see in this "habit" several negative effects like:
a) the Board of Trustees elected that member for fulfilling the duties of the Membership Committee for a two years term;

b) leaving the MC role for jumping in the controlled body could lead to a conflict being that person the "controller" and than the "controlled";

c) leaving the Membership Committee for joining the other body will reduce the number of available MC members taking care of the important responsibility the MC has.

Please, let me know if this clarifies your questions.

Have a nice evening,
Marina

--
Marina Latini