On 09/01/2022 17:27, Lothar K. Becker wrote:
Both sentences imply that the ESC have in praxis a blocking veto, independent of the decision by a board, for both procedures.

In general, I think it is wise when (re-)starting an engineering project to get input from the engineering community who are represented in the ESC.

Of course, the board is not obliged to do so, and it also appoints the ESC itself. If necessary it can stack it with yes-people.

However, I would really suggest that making engineering decisions against the advice of the leaders of the teams that do the work is something that should give very serious pause for thought & consideration by a board.

Or something like this. I am not sure if it is good to vote on it without clarification of this item in any case. What do you think?

Clearly the board as the ultimately authority has many avenues to ensure its will is done: changing the policy, changing the ESC composition, etc.

But as a general scheme of action for a peaceful and sensible approach to the problem, I think the policy as proposed is fine.

        Regards,

                Michael.

--
michael.me...@collabora.com <><, GM Collabora Productivity