Hi Sophie,

thank you for reminding us what TDF and its community is all about.
It is also great to see that members of TDF team are passionate about what they are doing within TDF for the community.

I agree with you that we failed to act. Some of us tried to deliver the information and the packages needed to setup LOOL wherever it was needed but failed. We were probably also too busy in trying to get a bad situation sorted to find other ways to act.

That's why we need even more the team and the community to shout out when they see that we are not reacting to something that we must act on so that everyone in the board gets the message.

I've been following what Framasoft have been doing for quite a while and have seen how they coordinated with the CHATONS to offer many of the services that were needed since the beginning of the pandemic.

I managed to follow their example and invested personally and through my company to help other people, I would have been great if we could have done the same through TDF.

I think we should get in touch with Framasoft to support them and also to (re)learn from them how to get the community more engaged so that we can get the community to help us in steering TDF and its projects in the right direction.

Already during last board meeting I've proposed to setup a PeerTube instance, mostly to lead by example in terms of Digital Sovereignty and to give a privacy friendly option to those that would like to view our videos, together with a donation to Framasoft to thank them for their efforts.

Maybe you could facilitate a call so that we see how we could join forces to promote and support each others?

Ciao

Paolo