Hi,

On 11. 05. 22 00:36, Olivier Hallot wrote:
Hello,

one of the approved [1] tenders is the

      Improve the accessibility checker for PDF/UA

The board would like to work together in public with all of you on this tender before it gets officially published. The current draft is therefore shared at

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/WE6tsYjAZietK9q

The board is happy to get your feedback and proposals. We'd like to discuss this ideally in the board call on Monday, May 16, at 1800 Berlin time. Please send your feedback to the public board-discuss@documentfoundation.org mailing list. Thanks a lot to all community members involved for working on the tender draft!

I looked through the draft and it is OK, but I have some comments:

It says "The goal of this task would be to improve that up to the state that it could be enabled in non-experimental mode." The checker is not in "experimental" since I think 7.1, so that goal is "done". I would reword that bit.. the checker definitely needs to be further improved.

One more objective should also be to implement the accessibility checker also for Impress, Calc and Draw as it needs the ground work for running the checks implemented for those components. If we miss some useful accessibility check then they can easily be added (could be an "interesting" easy hack), but if the ground work is missing, then this is a bigger hurdle that needs an experienced developer to do the work. Also many of the checks are already implemented, if they are using common objects, but without the ground work done, they can't be run.

Looking forward to your feedback,

Olivier

[1] https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg00400.html

Best regards,