Hi Simon,

Il 12/06/22 11:17, Simon Phipps ha scritto:
They are to help newcomers like you become aware that the complaints being made are not in fact new or related to the current situation but date back to a dispute that is many years old and still unresolved due to personal enmities.

That is still setting a (partial, angled) framing of the situation (as Andreas was doing, to some extent).

What still worries me is that said frictions are still there after a lot of years and weren't solved, and honestly I don't buy it is a constellation of personal issues, rather than a misunderstanding on how effectively implement the shared goals we all should have.

I am sorry you do not find this helpful, but being aware of the true history of the project (especially at a time when there are voices trying to reframe history) is very important and refusing to do so may lead to incorrect assumptions and the acceptance of untrue framing.

I didn't say I found it useless, I said it wouldn't really still help with moving the general balance of the discussion towards a positive outcome, which was the main objections to Andreas' mails.

By entering into a dialogue. By hearing and evolving compromises with other members through selecting positive elements of their contributions.

I'd generally agree, but what I can read from the thread is that some discussions and objections are less likely to be acknowledged and recognized, and taken as a basis to work on a positive compromise, mostly because that is not coming from a long-time contributor. That's not the case for Andreas, who you are confirming he is akin to the Foundation since a lot of time.

How should members voice their concerns when they see entryists harming the project and old unsettled grudges being repeatedly raised regardless of how they are answered?

Let's start by acknowledging that if there are objections and they are even consistently confirmed from long relationships and from short ones, possibly something to discuss is there.

Cheers,
--
Emiliano Vavassori
syntaxerror...@libreoffice.org