Meeting Minutes

Date: 2022-10-17
Location: Jitsi

Session chair: Thorsten Behrens
Keeper of the minutes: Florian Effenberger

In the meeting:
   Board Members - Thorsten Behrens, Cor Nouws, Paolo Vecchi, Laszlo
Nemeth, Gabor Kelemen, Jan Holesovsky (from 16:06 UTC/18:06 Berlin
on), Emiliano Vavassori (from 16:09 UTC/18:09 Berlin on)
   Board Deputy Members - Gabriel Masei
   Membership Committee Members - Uwe Altmann
   Membership Committee Substitute Members -
   Community - Simon Phipps, "Harold", "Pk", "Member", "Fellow Jitster"
   Team - Florian Effenberger, Ilmari Lauhakangas, Sophie Gautier,
Guilhem Moulin, Olivier Hallot
(...)

Would any of the directors present need to declare an interest, for
any of the listed agenda items?
* Thorsten/Gabor: item 3, Windows Store (as former vendor of LibreOffice
  Vanilla there)
* Cor/Kendy: item 3, Apple Store (depending or where discussion goes)

(...)

3. Status Report, Discuss: Status: LibreOffice in the app stores
   (Florian Effenberger, 5 mins)

   Status report and various ongoing discussions
   * current status & timeline
     * live in Apple app store since early September
     * Windows App Store 64 bit approved, 32 bit pending - plan is to go
       live this week
   * revenues from last month
     * Impressions: 227,900
     * Page Views: 18,230
     * Conversion Rate: 1.53%
     * Units Sold: 1,970
     * Estimated Proceeds: € 9.500
     * Proceeds per Paying User: € 5,59
   * upgrade cycles - how many updates will users get?
     * messaging: paying for convenience/"donation" (Thorsten, Paolo)
     * no lifetime updates, what's a reasonable time for updates?
     * avoid shipping .0 - we should start with .3 or .4 for the shop,
       template should be process we use for updater across versions
       (Thorsten)
     * should ask Cloph about workload, ai cloph to work out a proposal,
       which update regime with roughly one year of updates (regardless
       of purchasing time) could work
     * one year of updates seems reasonable
     * vouchers do not scale, creating internal, staggered releases
       on the stores might do (to group users together, so timings for
       EOL can be ~independent from purchasing dates)
     * Apple has severe limits on # of vouchers (Florian)

if I read the minutes correctly there are four board members with a CoI,
because they provided or were involved in providing LibreOffice in the
app stores within their company / brand.

I don't see that this members with a CoI left the meeting before topic 3
was discussed and decided on.

It looks to me as if this four directors offended the rules they have
decided to follow. It would then be interesting for the community to
hear why they have not left the meeting for topic 3.

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate