It's the same as samples/example_app/uc2,
and is built by configure/make.
-- David

On 09-Jul-2013 4:08 AM, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
Gesendet: Montag, 08. Juli 2013 um 21:46 Uhr
Von: "David Anderson" <da...@ssl.berkeley.edu>

The programs in samples/ are examples of how to build
applications that will run on as many Linux machines as possible,
including those that have old or missing libstdc++.
That's why they statically link libstdc++.a,
and why they have custom Makefiles.

We are experimenting (in Debian experimental) with the boinc-server-maker
package. The samples/* had been built in the past and went into a
package of their own, i.e. boinc-app-examples. As a regular Debian package,
also the boinc-app-examples (samples/*) are auto-built on all the ~11 different
Linux platforms Debian supports. The idea behind it all was to allow
anybody interested in BOINC to have a sample-project configured that allows
multi-platform contributions by not much more than a wget from the Debian
repository.

I have not yet made my mind up about libstdc++. At least for Debian and
Ubuntu, /usr/bin/{boinc,boinccmd} are dynamically linked against libstdc++,
and as such, the beast should already be installed when the app is run.
I do not know about the official BOINC distribution. For the sample apps,
such failures could even be considered educational.

They're not intended to build "out of the box",
or to be built by the latest compilers.
They're not built by a top-level configure/make.

I completely understand that there are "too busy to care too much" corners
in the BOINC code. I have complete confidence that you would accept patches
to bring back compatibility with latest compilers. But, could you sketch for
us to some integration with the - not top-level, but maybe within the
boinc-server realm - build process that you would be prepared to accept?

Cheers,

Steffen