std::exception once had a where() member for this purpose, but it didn't survive.

Without runtime library support it will be difficult to do, but not impossible --
the Oracle runtime has platform-specific code for capturing the stack trace on all
the of the many platforms we support. I can't post the code, but could tell how it
is done on platforms of interest to Boost.