On Friday, Mar 21, 2003, at 11:51 America/Denver, Gennaro Prota wrote:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:06:45 -0700, Greg Colvin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The idea of the why() member was to preserve context when one exception
gets caught and a different one gets thrown, so you could walk back the
chain of why()'s asking what() and where(). I bring it up just as a
design that might be worth resurrecting if it meets your needs.

Do you have pointers to the old std::exception specification, with where() and why() members?

PS: I declare myself out of this vague discussion. Just curious about
those ones :-)

Genny.