Johan Nilsson wrote:

I might be a bit off here (coming in late into the discussion), but I'd prefer consistency in my code; using microsec_clock for both Windows and Unix code - even if the real 'resolution' is dependent of the system time updates on the Win platforms.

That is an option, but if a millisecond clock is introduced, it like to see it implemented on all platforms, then you could use that on all platforms rather than microsec_clock which isn't 'really' supported under windows. At least this way you are dealing with a known resolution.

Cheers

Russell