Beman Dawes wrote:

I don't think people were against the idea of solving the problem, but rather there is a need for a unified prefix/suffix header solution such as John is suggesting. Developers need a "canned" solution; they can't be asked to code #ifdefs and pragmas for compilers they know nothing about.

I thought people were against it for reasons of setting up test cases and such, not because of the implementation.

At the time, I assumed it would be a pre-header and post-header for each compiler supported under boost. In that case, it would be good thing to get in for the 1.31.0 release if possible. I can supply the options for Borland but not other compilers.

Thanks

Russell