Beman Dawes wrote:
At 12:53 PM 8/6/2003, Russell Hind wrote:

Perhaps coordinate with John Maddock? He is really our config header expert.

So John, would you be interested in trying to get this sorted out for the next release? As I have said, I currenly only use BCB, and so can't offer much help for other compilers.

Would it be best to have something like a boost/config/preinclude.hpp file which includes a compiler specific pre-include and then a boost/config/postinclude.hpp for afters?

I've created ones for BCB which I use here, that simply do

#praga nopushoptwarn
#pragma option push -a8 -b -Vx -Ve -pc -w-8027

for pre and

#pragma nopushoptwarn
#pragma option pop

for post (probably don't need the nopushoptwarn in postinclude though).

These options are from regex. I may be a better idea not to include disabling warnings in the default boost options? And also, It might be worth adding -Vg- to disable codeguard for boost, unless the new build system will build CodeGuard libraries as well as non-cg enabled libraries.

These options also should be the same as the default jam options for the compiler also.

What do you think?

Thanks

Russell