On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 09:07 AM, John Saylor wrote:
really, any perl programmer worth hiring should be able to do this while
sleeping.

No, it's quite a hard problem. All of the following UK addresses are the same and are deliverable.

2/11 CR7 8JH
11b CR7 8JH
Flat 2, 11 Beulah Road, CR7 8JH *
11 Beulah Road, Flat 2, CR7 8JH
11b Beulah Road, CR7 8JH *
Cantrell, CR7 8JH

Now, they're not all recommended - I've asterisked the two that the post
office like - but they do all work.  Now factor in all the people who
can't spell my name right, or the name of the road, or get a character
wrong in the post code, and yet my mail still arrives.

The following are all the same too:

1 London
Apsley House, Duke of Wellington Place, W1
W1J 7NT

--
David Cantrell |  Degenerate  | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  While researching this email, I was forced to carry out some
  investigative work which unfortunately involved a bucket of
  puppies and a belt sander
    -- after JoeB, in the Monastery