--- Chris Devers mumbled on 2004-08-04 20.08.27 -0400 ---
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, John Abreau wrote:
>
> >There's also the fact that SysRq actually does something, at least on
> >Redhat and Fedora using the default Gnome desktop settings: it creates
> >a screenshot.
>
> That sentence, in a nutshell, is why I'm ready to give up on Linux :)
>
> How amusingly lateral their thinking was in choosing that over the much
> too obviously labeled "print screen" key. I can just picture the devious
> little bastards now: "where can we put this where NO ONE will think to
> look for it and no one will ever find it on purpose? Wait, I know!"

I'm looking at the keyboard I'm at now, and a few others, and I see:

 [ Print Screen / SysReq ]

As one key. Am I missing something, or did the GNOME guys really choose the
correct key?

If I'm not mistaken, Linux has an option where the SysReq key becomes a
special key that works when the kernel freezes. I seem to remember Linux
developers using it. (I also seem to remember someone getting flamed for
suggesting that FreeBSD use it.)

--
Mike Burns [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://netgeek.ws