Adam Turoff said:
> If Perl per se matters to you that much, then you should find some way
> to make it your day job.  Find a new employer, start your own business,
> whatever it takes.
>
> s/Perl/(Bike Riding|Gardening|Cooking|Painting|Teaching|Filmmaking)/; as
> appropriate.  There is nothing magical about Perl programming that makes
> it so very different than other pursuit.

You're bifurcating, again.
simplifying the issue into all or nothing.

"Hey, is there some way we could encourage a
bike-repair shop to come into the area?

"Stop talking about it and start your own business."

I might like riding bikes, but that doesn't mean
I have to work as a bike-courier for a living
and own and operate a bike repair shop
just to have the right to talk about ways to make
the biking community better.