On 6/16/05, Joel Gwynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> When you get right down to it, this Boston "neighborhood" thing is
> just confusing.  I work in Dorchester but management likes to put
> "Boston" on the stationary, which is confusing because there's an
> identical address in Boston proper, just with a different zip code.
> Are there any other cities that have similar naming schizophrenia?

Q: What do you call a Boston tourist?
A: Lost.

Similarity is in the eye of the beholder.  But Denver is infamous
for having many streets whose names are almost the same.  You
can never know which street someone is talking about until you
get to the final St or Ave or etc.

For instance in Denver, Colorado you can stand at the
intersection of Colorado St and Colorado Ave.

However, that notwithstanding, it is nowhere near Boston in
being difficult to find your way around.

Cheers,
Ben