hi all,

i just got info about meeting at mit and it looks like we will be able
to get a room there with no problems. all we need is a loose affiliation
like an alumnus (which we have several). the rooms have projectors and
screens. the contact i spoke to recommends rooms in building E51 which
has a free parking lot next to it (after 3pm) and is close to the
kendall stop on the redline so this is a great setup for us. many other
local groups meet there and here is the page:

        http://itinfo.mit.edu/usergroup

so when ronald (i sent him all the other info) registers us, we will
have a long term room with all the things we need. the one change will
be that we will need to book further in advance and probably pick a
fixed weekday of the month to meet (like most of the other groups
do). we can still do pizza as long as we don't tell (they don't ask!
:). or possibly do pizza in the hallway if there are tables and chairs
there (that depends on the room location).

also nearby is legal seafoods and characters bar (in the marriott) and
it is close to the cambridge brewery so we could sometimes do
beer/dinner before or afterwards like some other groups do.

thanx,

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com