Blake, we were discussing one-handed mode. The commands you are giving is not for one-handed mode. Thanks for the correction, anyway.

----- Original Message -----
From: blake <[email protected]
To: Rhonda Stogner <[email protected]>,
[email protected]
Date sent: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:31:49 +1200
Subject: re: [Braillenote] Block Commands

Sorry Rhonda, if I may just correct you slightly, as I did find
it rather hard to understand what you were saying.  To coppy and
then paste some text to and then from the clipboard, do the
following.  Navigate to the text you want to coppy and paste, and
put your curser on the first dot of the first word.  Press space
with b.  You will hear, block commands menu.  Navigate down  top
marker insersion.  Press enter.  Navigate down to the last cell
of the last word, repeat the steps, but hit enter on bottom
marker insersion instead.  Then hit c from directly where you
are.  When you have then navigated to exactly where you want the
blocked text paisted, hit space with b, then p.  Cheers, Blake.
to

----- Original Message -----
From: Rhonda Stogner <[email protected]
To: Humanware <[email protected]
Date sent: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:21:59 -0500
Subject: [Braillenote] Block Commands

Dear List:
 This is pretty much to Kathy, Care bear.  Kathy, I deleted your
address somehow.  You asked about one-handed mode and the block
commands.  I know that people are better educated than me, but
here goes.

 When you want to place a block marker, put your cursor on the
first character.  To do this, if you are using a BT keyboard, and
you have a Braille display, put your cursor on that character.
If you don't have the Braille display, you must press Space, then
Space with dot 6 to put it to the character you want.  Then, you
would press Space, then the letter B with Space.  You would then
press the letter T, then press Space.  You will see the prompt,
"top of block." Because you are going to execute a new command,
you must press Space again.  If you are going to a paragraph,
from a BT keyboard, you would then press Space with dots 56.
When you come to where the final block should be, you can either
go line by line and remember to press Space before doing
anything, then you would press Space with dot 4.  If you need to
go to a word, press Space, then Space with dot 5.  Then, press
Space, then Space B, dots 12.  Press Space again, then the letter
C followed by a space.  You will see that the command has been
copied to the clipboard.  Then, when you want to paste that
block, press Space, then the letter P, followed by a space.  If
you want to delete, rather than copy, you would just press D.
 Remember that when you press Enter, you press Space with Enter.
If you make an error and need to delete a character, press Space,
then Space with dot 3.
 I can't remember how all this goes on the QT keyboard.  It
seems like you said you had the perkins style keyboard, and I
hope so, (smile)!
 Kathy, if I can help you by way of the phone, email me
privately, and we'll work that out.  I don't know if I made a bit
of sense.  I admire people who do this, because I tried it all
morning, and it does take some doing.

Blessings,
Rhonda Stogner

___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to