Yes, you can copy your connections over to the Apex. In wherever you have your mPower backup files, go to your Keylist folder, and hit enter, then search for all files, including hidden files. Look for connections.cdb and it's accompanying connections file. Copy them to the Keylist folder on your Apex. Then find those files in the Keylist folder on the Apex, and make sure they're unprotected. Then they should work. You can do that with your addresslist.cdb and address list files too, so that you'll have your address book on the Apex.

Peggy
http://kernsac.livejournal.com

http://facebook.com/kernsac
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Gammon" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 2:08 PM
Subject: [Braillenote] afew comments on Apex


Just a few breif comments on the Apex after having it for two days. My three USB ports all seem to work on the Apex, at least with a thumb drive. . My 160 gig WD Passport external USB hard drive does not work though it tries to power up. I suspect it is because the hard drive is formatted to the NTFS config rather than the FAT 32 format. I have had some difficulty sending email until I did a reset even though the unit had been sending email successfully prior to this problem happening. I am wondering how to transfer my WyFy addresses to the Apex from the Mpower, or if it can be done at all. I am not talking about my favorites to connect to various sites on the internet, but rather, the connectivity information I am looking to transfer. At first, I thought the internal WyFy in the Apex was not as sensitive as the Ambicom card I use with my Mpower, but on more experimenting, it seems to be about the same but this is by no means a scientific observation, just very subjective. The FM radio in the Apex is quite a lot more sensitive then the one in my Voicenote Mpower that used to work. It actually seems like it may be worth using!
 That's it for now.  Jim
___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4755 (20100108) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com




__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature 
database 4755 (20100108) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com




___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to