Nick Arnett wrote:

> Just so that there's no confusion about the fact that not all Christians
> respect that stuff.  I don't even *look* at the "fiction" section in
> Christian bookstores; everything there seems to be escapist prattle, at
> best.

Actually, I found Janette Oke's "Canadian West" series to be somewhat
informative on the subject of the settlement of the frontier in Canada,
something I really had no exposure to before then.  But, of course, it
being Janette Oke, it's a romance, and romance does fall under
"escapist", at least.  ("Prattle" is debatable, IMO.)  Having perused
the fiction section of a local Christian bookstore from around 1995
until sometime in 2000, I would agree with you on everything I examined
that *wasn't* by Janette Oke.

        Julia

who hasn't actually bought anything by Janette Oke since around 1997 or
so, either.