--- Sonja wrote:
> Deborah wrote:
<snip>
> this
> > particular team was _very dark_ chocolate brown -
> they told me purebred, but perhaps they were
> crossbreds.
> > The latter are becoming more popular with the
> dressage
> > and sporthorse set.  Here are a couple of pix (the
> > show looks a bit over the top; but if you at all
> like
> > horses I highly recommend "Cheval Theatre" by the
> > 'Cirque de Soleil' (sp?) folks):
> > http://www.worldofdancinghorses.com/horses.html
> >
> > (I've seen it spelled Friesian, Freisian and
> Fresian.)
>
> I'm amazed. I wasn't thinking about anything as
> blazing as a star or
> blazes or something. Just a few white hairs on the
> fetlocks, stuff like
> that, so it isn't a pure black.
> >From "the Friesian Horse Studbook" homepage
>
> http://www.fps-studbook.com/
>
> Its black colour, long heavy mane and conspicuous
> fetlocks are typical
> of this trusty steed. Its friendly but lively
> character, as well as its
> intelligence and eagerness to learn make it possible
> to use the Friesian
> horse for many applications. Not only have they been
> used as coach
> horses, driving and show driving horses and riding
> horses, but they are
> also perfect for dressage, circuses and recreational
> riding.

One of the moments I loved best at a recent Horse Expo
was when 2 Friesians were turned loose in the arena -
ah, so beautiful!  And it's one of the breeds that has
'presence' just standing around.  Our farrier has
worked with some and says they have wonderful
temperaments.

> So you can understand that I'm very amazed they let
> that golden one in the book.

Here, some of the 'color breeds' (Paint and Appaloosa)
allow solid-colored 'breeding stock' status, but I
think it's silly to call a horse with no spots an
Appie.  :P

> I loved the pics btw.
>
> Sonja
> GCU I used to be a horse girl. Can you tell?

The more, the merrier!  :D

GSV Yee-haw!