There was something from DB at some point about why the dogs weren't
part of the uplifted species on Earth.  Something about them being
uplifted to where they could finally open doors, and then door
technology changed drastically, and this affected their emotional
well-being or something.  If anyone could provide the exact quote, or
tell where it is for interested parties to look up, that would be
great.  I'm a bit fried right now, for a number of reasons, including
the following.

If we have the dogs outside and want to *keep* them outside (or at least
keep the darn door closed) we have to lock the outside door now.  Our
outside doors in this new house all have levers, and this past week, the
dogs figured out how to open at least one of them to come inside.  Sigh.

        Julia