At 05:19 PM 11/4/02, Joe Hale wrote:
I don't know if this is covered in the series, but once you start
uplifting species where do you stop?  If you uplift dogs, why not cats?

Because they are already smarter than humans? After all, as someone has said: "Dogs have masters. Cats have staff."

--Ronn! :)

Who is currently trying to type while serving as pillow for a 17 +/- 1-lb cat who is waiting for a bug that got inside to come close enough to make grabbing for it worthwhile . . .

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
--Dr. Jerry Pournelle