On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 11:16:02PM -0500, David Hobby wrote:
> Erik Reuter wrote:
>

> > Acrobat Reader has a "text select tool" in the icon bar. Just select,
> > then drag the text and copy. (The "T" icon can let you select a text
> > select tool, a column select tool, or a graphics select tool, the choice
> > pops up if you click on it in the right way, but I think the text select
> > tool should be the one that is there by default)
>
>       Thanks!  I tried it, and it works at least as well as the
> "convert to .html" software.  But it's not perfect.  Look:
>
> Let K4 = fE;H; V;Dg and
>
> This is what I got for "Let K_4 = {E,H,V,D} and"
>
> I'm not complaining about the subscript "4", but you think it
> could do the set brackets!

If you are really interested, you could view the postscript inside the
PDF (possibly necessary to convert PDF to ASCII instead of binary if it
is currently in binary) and see what is going on there. One guess is
that the brackets are in a special "symbol-like" font, which corresponds
to "f" and "g" in most fonts.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/