Alberto Monteiro  wrote:

>I begin to understand why Jeroen was singled-out to
>be the victim-of-the-day. Some reasons are obvious:
>he *was* a listowner, so our meme of challenge
>authority took control. Others are subtle.
>
>And his behaviour in the past days, with mailbombing,
>lawsuits, and forged headers, make him a very
>tasty target! Who's better to be harassed as someone
>who screams and shouts?

To be honest, I was considering defending Jeroen, until I started getting
the endless stream of emails in my inbox - each one less rational and
more, well, whiny. I despise whiny, and I don't appreciate being spammed.
So I didn't. <shrug> I don't think it matters either way.

I still can't figure out what's going on, and I've stopped even wanting
anyone to explain it to me, because I'm pretty damned sure it's not
important. I don't know. Maybe it's just that between school and bad work
habits coming back on me and a truly incredible streak of bad luck I'm
closer to a nervous breakdown than I've ever been, but I just - can't -
see what the fuss is about here. I feel like I ought to be grabbing
several people here by the collars, just like I did with the kids I used
to play with when they started getting snappish, and shouting "It's just
a game!"

But none of you have collars (at least, not that I can get to), and none
of you are kids - in fact, most of you are twice my age - and I don't
have any right to be ordering anyone around anyway, so I guess I'll just
unsub from the list again if this doesn't stop in the next few days. But
I *still* want to say it.

It's just a listserve. It's just a game. These are just words. You've got
lives, jobs, houses, kids, and you can't be paying them half the
attention that you're paying to throwing silly, spiky words at each other
over an issue I can't even pin down on an obscure little listserve that
ninety-nine point nine nine percent of the world doesn't even know
exists.

For God's sake *stop it* before you make bigger asses out of yourselves
than you've already managed.

Okay, I'm going to go quietly insane somewhere else for a while....

Kat Feete

--------
"Generally speaking, all aliens look like they
come from Earth, but just drive faster cars than
we do."
                    - Beettam and Geigen-Miller's
                    10 LAWS OF BAD SCIENCE FICTION
                 http://www.xenosarrow.com/10laws.htm