In a message dated 12/6/2002 8:49:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> >Moderates?
>  >
>  >Moderates don't exist.
>  >
>  >Any race that shows the signs of being proto moderate has their
>  >wallets "uplifted" by a Synthian trader selling them the Galactic
>  >equivalence of the Brooklyn Bridge.
>
>  I dunno.  The Kanten/Linten clan hasn't bought any bridges yet.  And I
> suppose the Tymbrimi could be considered moderate, if for no other reason
> than they don't have a desire to kill and/or subjugate every other race in
> the Galaxies.  :-)  And who's going to trick them into anything?
>
>  Jim

You're right.

But it was a joke spoiler.  I was using the Rush Limbaugh definition of
moderate.

[Too stupid to have an opinion.]

Uplift Universe moderate can be defined as being intelligent and passionate
but cautious.

Try using agent orange on an entire planet and see if a Kanten response would
be "moderate".

Now as to the Tymbrimi, it'll probably be the Tytlal that trick them into
something. But not in a bad way.

I like the idea of the races being rational and irrational rather than being
passionate or moderate.

Remember the late 1960s quote:

Extremism in the pursuit of comedy is no vice.

William Taylor