I'm sorry, I should have made myself clearer.
I don't mean my own email filters. I mean the filters the
listserv has at the website. You can chose to get
"brin" or "scouted", "ot", etc, and then there's a choice
as to whether or not you get mail that isn't marked
for any special category.

If I chose not get mail not marked in a specific
category, would I miss the replies to the "brin"
stuff if I (or others) change the "brin" to "br!n" or
whatever in the subject line? (My guess would be yes,
but then I wondered why people bothered to
change it, rather than just delete it....)

Right now, I'm only choosing not to receive
stuff marked as off topic.

I do filter the stuff I do receive, and probably
need to do more levels of filtering, but that still leaves a
large number of emails to deal with at some
point or another.

Amanda