On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 11:56:08PM -0500, Kevin Tarr wrote:
> But seriously, I have some questions. I got a forceful suggestion that I
> e-mail someone, from her aunt. Practically a command. I've seen this girl
> twice in the last four years, and maybe spoken ten words to her. The aunt
> wasn't offering any help, she just said, 'I'll get you her e-mail, you o
> the rest.
>
> First of all: how in the world could you write a good e-mail? "Oh your aunt
> said you were lonely and your life pitiful, she thought us hooking up would
> be good for both of us!"
>
> Let's say I do come up with an okay e-mail, would any of you ladies react
> favorably receiving a cold-call message? (The guys don't have to answer, I
> know that response)

Well, I'm a guy, but I know a guy who is now married to the woman he
first dated after such an "almost-cold" contact. But in retrospect,
there is evidence that the woman influenced the 3rd party slightly (the
3rd party who encouraged my friend to ask the woman out, the 3rd party
was a mutual family friend).

Any guesses whether maybe the Aunt was acting on a subtle (or not so
subtle) suggestion from the woman?

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/