At 12:07 AM 12/26/2002 -0500, you wrote:
On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 11:56:08PM -0500, Kevin Tarr wrote:
> But seriously, I have some questions. I got a forceful suggestion that I
> e-mail someone, from her aunt. Practically a command. I've seen this girl
> twice in the last four years, and maybe spoken ten words to her. The aunt
> wasn't offering any help, she just said, 'I'll get you her e-mail, you o
> the rest.
>
> First of all: how in the world could you write a good e-mail? "Oh your aunt
> said you were lonely and your life pitiful, she thought us hooking up would
> be good for both of us!"
>
> Let's say I do come up with an okay e-mail, would any of you ladies react
> favorably receiving a cold-call message? (The guys don't have to answer, I
> know that response)

Well, I'm a guy, but I know a guy who is now married to the woman he
first dated after such an "almost-cold" contact. But in retrospect,
there is evidence that the woman influenced the 3rd party slightly (the
3rd party who encouraged my friend to ask the woman out, the 3rd party
was a mutual family friend).

Any guesses whether maybe the Aunt was acting on a subtle (or not so
subtle) suggestion from the woman?

--
"Erik Reuter"
No. nononono. nada, zip, no way jose. If I even thought there'd be a glimmer of that or if aunty would suggest she'd first make an overture, then I would I'd have no trouble writing to her. Aunty was drunk, she started talking about her family (laughing the whole time) and the idea popped into her head. Nothing wrong with the girl, but aunty wants to get her away from her sister who is holding onto the apron strings too much (and the girl is letting it happen).

Kevin T.
45 minutes of shoveling snow, NOW it's time for bed.