From: "Andrew Crystall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Data indicates Trekkies not weird
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:33:07 -0000

On 31 Dec 2002 at 11:51, Jon Gabriel wrote:

> >From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > I bet.
> > >
> > > I'm a hardcore scifi and I still maintain Trekkies are weird.
> > > Hell, I'm involved in WRITING a couple of RPG's and I study
> > > computer game design and I still maintain Trekkies are weird :P
> >
> >Some of them are.
> >
> >The ones who call themselves "Trekkies" are more likely to be weird
> >than those who just allow as they're fans of the show(s).
> >
> >Exhibit A:  the documentary "Trekkies".  If you haven't watched it,
> >do so.  A few of the people there are a little further out there than
> >I'm comfortable with.
> >
> >Me, I'm just a fan.  :)  (One who doesn't have UPN available to her
> >now, though, so is missing this season of "Enterprise".)
> >

> I've just started taping the show for a friend.  If you're interested,
> when she's done with each tape, I could forward them on to you. It'll
> likely be a slow turnaround as I'll be sending him 6 eps at a time.
> :-)

Heh...I tend to use overnet (vis sharereactor) to download TV
episodes I miss / aren't on over here yet.
In theory, i could do that too, through giganews. I've done it for concerts and stuff. :)
But a single episode would probably be at least 550MB in MPG and I get better quality off the airwaves from what's typically posted in alt.binaries.multimedia.scifi. :)
Jon

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3mf