The Fool wrote:
> SFX magazine has published a list of the top 10 science-fiction
> characters of all time, as determined by a poll of readers. The results
> of the poll include four characters from UPN's Buffy the Vampire Slayer,
Nick replied:
And the "science" in Buffy is exactly what?
SciFi.com and some other similar sites and mags, often refer to "genre" books, movies, and TV shows. By "genre," they usually mean, science fiction, science fantasy (or "space fantasy," like _Star Wars_ or the recent Joss Whedon show _Firefly_), general fantasy (like LotR), contemporary fantasy (like _Buffy_, or _Enchantment_ by Orson Scott Card), horror, and anything that is printed in comic book format, even if it has none of the above elements. Presumably, SFX does something similar, although I don't think I've ever actually read it.

So even though they worded their poll as being about "science-fiction" characters, most of their regular readers would have probably understood that to mean "genre" characters.

Reggie Bautista