Debbi wrote:
And my teen students suddenly think that I'm cool (or
at least cooler than their parents!) when they find
out that I like the show (although 'Angel' has been
going in bizarre directions lately <shudder>).  But my
choice of 'guy-to-watch' amuses them (Giles the
ex-librarian, who I must say looks good on a
horse...).
I have a good friend named Loey Lockerby who is a local
film critic and who also has a website that includes
"Loey's Guide to Buffy" and "Loey's Guide to Angel."
(You can get to both of those sites through
http://members.aol.com/LRL94/) She has a lot of
interesting things to say about the episodes, and
although I don't always agree with her comments (or
her episode ratings), I always enjoy reading them.
She also includes a very well written synopsis of
most episodes.

Anyhoo, Loey is also a big Giles fan, and last
season when he wasn't in several episodes in a row,
and wasn't even *mentioned* in most of those episodes,
she started a GLURP count (Giles Lovers United in
Raving Protest) on her site. It got to 9 episodes
without Giles, 8 without him being mentioned, and
then he finally got a mention in the next episode
so she stopped counting :-)

Reggie Bautista