On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 11:24:59AM -0800, Nick Arnett wrote:

> boxes.  Though I would have loved to have had the work, I couldn't honestly
> come up with a strategy that made sense.  Neither could anyone else,
> apparently, so Sun steered it in the direction it has gone.

There's a platform - MHP, I think it might be, or something like that -
which uses a JVM. The basic idea is the same as with PCs, write your
application code once and run it on multiple STBs.

How much it's actually being used, however, is another matter, since the
average STB processor doesn't exactly run a JVM with blinding speed...

--
Paul

Now I have visions of engines mounted at 45 degree angles to the
(normal) direction of travel of the car.  Because, you know, 90 degree
angles cause bad ch'i and all that. -- Logan Shaw