On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

> Of course, the _actual criminal complaint_ (as opposed
> to the propaganda from activists) tells a slightly
> different story:
>
> http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/crossgates1.html

Interesting - there's a dispute of fact, it seems.  The complaint suggests
the two men were actively stopping other shoppers.  In none of the news
stories I've read, however, do the mall cops actually repeat that
allegation.  They just allege that other shoppers were disturbed by the
shirts in some vague way.  If the real offense was that the men were
harrassing people physically, why were they not asked to leave for that
behavior instead of being asked, at first, just to remove the shirts?

It looks like the charges have been dropped:

http://www.msnbc.com/local/WNYT/M276307.asp?0dm=C249N

Marvin Long
Austin, Texas
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Poindexter & Ashcroft, LLP (Formerly the USA)

http://www.breakyourchains.org/john_poindexter.htm