--- "Marvin Long, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Or is the crux of the issue that the mall is private
> property, so the
> management and mall cops can do whatever they damn
> well please?  "Excuse
> me sir, that shirt you're wearing is disturbing
> people.  To prove that
> you're behaving like a good guest of the mall, I'm
> afraid we'll require
> you to remove the shirt, put your underpants on your
> head, and sing the
> Star-Spangled Banner with us in four-part harmony.
> You won't do that?
> Then you're trespassing."
>
> Marvin Long

The Supreme Court should be one of them.  There's no
serious question that _even if_ all they were doing
was wearing the shirt, the mall had a right to ask
them to leave, and arrest them for trespassing if they
did.  See Instapundit's commentary, for example
(Instapundit (aka Glenn Reynolds) is a law professor
at UTenn, but I could have told you that without the
law degree).  If they were harassing shoppers - and I
would guess that they probably were - then I don't
even mind the mall telling them to leave.  If they
weren't, then that was a wrong decision on the part of
the mall, but they were within their legal rights.

Gautam