Deborah Harrell wrote:

I'd object to *any* religious organization attempting
to convert my child from whatever I saw fit to teach
them WRT the Divine And spirituality.  While the Boy
and Girl Scouts do mention God (or at least they used
to), I don't recall Jesus being mentioned
specifically.

When I was in Scouts the promise included the line:
to do my duty to God and to the Queen.
My son now recites:
to do my duty to MY God and to my country.

Which kinda covers anything from Norse and Greek Gods through to Satan worship, but if you're a pagan or athiest, you just skip over that bit.
The point is that the central aim of Scouts and similar community based groups is nothing to do with religion, and there is no promotion of religion.
(Although, for a merit badge in Venturers (15-18yr old) we studied all the different religions we could find - attending a mass, happy-clappers, a synagogue, a mosque etc etc)

Cheers
Russell C.