On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:18:35PM -0500, Robert Seeberger wrote:

> During our back and forth challenges I hit upon something close to the
> mark.

Yes, you did. :-)

The main reason I was skeptical was that for the first few messages
you seemed to completely ignore several things that had been written
(by myself and Julia), and your explanation wasn't very logically
presented. To me, it looked like: "blah blah blah shunt resistor blah
blah blah". Also, I had never realized they put those clever coated
shunts in those mini-light bulbs (that is really the key to the whole
thing, if you think about it, since a simple resistor would not work
very well because it would wastefully dissipate about the same power as
the bulb and once a lot of bulbs burned out on the string the remaining
bulbs would be getting a lot less current which would dim the remaining
bulbs) When I think about how complex these bulbs are, I am amazed that
they can make them for a few cents. Those bulb manufacturing experts are
really clever!

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/