At 12:48 PM 7/7/03 -0700, Jan Coffey wrote:
--- Nick Arnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think some of the arguments in this thread beg important questions.
> E.g.,
> altruistic behavior doesn't require faith because it leads to success as a
> species; success is an outcome of evolution, so altruism evolved.  Is that
> right?
>
> The first part begs the question of "success" as a species.  If success is
> nothing more than survival (is there another scientific definition?), then
> this is the anthropic principal.

The week one, not the strong one.

I realize it was a typo, but it got me wondering:

Could the "Week Anthropic Principle" be the hypothesis that the Earth was created in seven days?

;-)

If So I Talked About It In Class Tonight Maru

--Ronn! :)

I always knew that I would see the first man on the Moon.
I never dreamed that I would see the last.
        --Dr. Jerry Pournelle