On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 10:01:36PM -0500, Robert Seeberger wrote:

> But if one is describing a being that is omnipotent, omniscient,
> eternal, and infinite, then minds such as ours could not encompass
> even the scope of such a being.

Speak for yourself, man! My mind is certainly capable of the concepts of
infinity, eternity, and omni-____.

> We may not even be able to recognize evidence of "Gods" existence for
> what it is, considering how little we actually know about the universe
> and the nature of reality.

Then it isn't useful evidence, and certainly isn't scientific evidence.
When I talk about knowledge and evidence in this context, I am referring
to the best system that has yet been developed for testing our
knowledge: science.

> In such a case, the facts are unavailable, the truth is unknowable,
> and any adherence to the polar extremes of the question "Does God
> exist?" is absolutely a matter of faith.

Facts are not "unknowable", almost by definition. It doesn't make sense
to talk about "unknowable" facts. All scientific knowledge is testable,
and knowledge is knowable, by definition.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/