From: William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: On the topic of atheism.
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:11:55 +0100

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 05:31 pm, Jon Gabriel wrote:

I don't know where I saw it, but I've seen this argument referred to in the past as the 'universal existential negative' argument, which basically says you cannot prove that something (God) doesn't exist.

So what does 'the Dodo is extinct' mean?

The sentence is an assumption and not a proven fact because it is currently impossible to scientifically show that all Dodos, everywhere in the universe are extinct. That's what the 'universal' refers to.

Jon

Le Blog: http://zarq.livejournal.com