Cool air at the axis should be heavier and would try to displace warmer,
    less dense air.
    This would cause air currents that would speed up heat transfer in the
    atmosphere.
    I don't think you could expect thermal equilibrium in the scenarios I'm
    reading here, but the atmosphere would be fairly dynamic as opposed to the
    mostly static metals, regolith, and soils.

I think the atmosphere would be fairly dynamic, if only because the
air above fields is warmer than the air above woodlots, so that air
would tend to rise and the air over woodlots tend to fall.  But I am
not sure and would like someone who understands better to explain it.

    http://www.teak.cc                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]