On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 09:43:36PM +0000, Robert J. Chassell wrote:

> I always reply to the digest.  Presumably, all the threads in it are
> for that digest.  It is all one mail message.

I didn't expect that! The message I was replying to previously was about
the habitat, but it referenced a message in the Seth 16 words thread.

I've never tried getting the digests. I don't know how the references
line works with the digest. I would have predicted that your reply to
the digest would reference a message that I didn't receive (the digest),
but your message referenced a single message in the thread (which I did
receive).

Perhaps the digest takes it ID from the first message in the digest? But
I thought email ID's were supposed to be unique, so the digest can't
have the same ID as a single message?

Weird.

--
"Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       http://www.erikreuter.net/