From: Kevin Tarr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Seth Finkelstein on 16 words
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:15:17 -0400

At 12:42 AM 7/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Gautam Mukunda wrote:

> A lot of it probably has to do with collapse of an
> ideology.  September 11th was the deathknell of the
> modern American left.  It simply had no meaningful
> response to the attack other than to suggest - either
> openly or by implication - that the United States had
> brought the attack upon itself.

        Well, it did do a lot to cause the attack.  And not
by harmlessly distributing Britney Spears videos, either.
Some of being targeted was because America was "walking point"
for the West in general.  But the US has done a lot of
selfish things to make other countries mad at it over the
years.
        Like it or not, if your policies make some people
angry enough to kill themselves to show their displeasure,
you need to rethink your policies.  But this is not a very
popular thing to say, and the Left does have some political
sense.

---David

With comments like these, it's easy to understand why you lost your job as a rape and battered women's advocate. You, sir, are an idiot.

Kevin T. - VRWC
Victimization is in the eye of the beholder

Kevin,

Were you attempting to be ironic or funny? It failed.

This personal attack was *really* uncalled for. Disagree with David all you like, but do *not* attack him. Quite frankly, I think you owe him an apology.

PLEASE attack the argument and NOT the poster.

Jon

Le Blog: http://zarq.livejournal.com