From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Bryon Daly wrote:

> I didn't get to watch any if it, live or otherwise, so I had to content
> myself with following via web coverage, because my wife's tolerance for
> sports on TV is measured in nanoseconds.  :-)

Hm. Anything you can do about that? (Or do you want to, even?)

Maybe I could foster some sports interest in her, if I worked on it like Dan and his father did. The problem is most TV time we get these days is spent watching "Bob the Builder" and "Bear in the Big Blue House", so adult tv-time is rather a precious commodity, and it's tough to ask her to use that time to watch stuff she's not interested in.

I didn't really watch the Tour de France much until this year, but I'm
supposed to be somewhat horizontal a number of hours each day, and I
could time it so that I got a 2-hour block of coverage on OLN at the
same time I was lying down.  I really enjoyed that.  I got a lot more
into it than I'll probably be able to for the next few years.  There

The first time I really got into it was when LA was still a rising star, but hadn't had much success with the TdF yet. In a terrible accident on one stage, one of his (Motorola?) teammates (Fabio Castarelli) got killed in a crash on a high speed turn. The next day's stage, no one raced: they all rode together, and donated all the stage prize money to Castarelli's family. The next day, Lance was unstoppable and dedicated the stage win (only his career second stage win) to his fallen teammate. Very riveting, but fortunately, that kind of drama doesn't happen too often.