--- Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One can kill someone in a split second of rage
with the other, the former takes at least a bit of obvious effort.

I have never understood this. Many males have been in that "Rage" state,
especialy dufing puberty. If you haven't, I can tell you it's rather scarry.
The destructive urge is so greate that it must be released in some way.

However, ones logical thinking abilities are not effected. You may become
hyper angry, but sugesting that you also loose your cognative abilities to
diferintiate right from wrong seems to me to be rediculous.

Just becouse someone enters a rage state, does not mean that they do not
understand that picking up a firearm and using it is going to  result in
anothers death.

If the person has the where withal not to use the firearm in a non rage
state, then the same is true for the rage state. Just becouse some people who
have made the dicision to commit murder and decided to do it with a gun
afterwards blame it on "rage" does not mean that anyone could slip into a
state of rage and do something they would not otherwise do.

It may be easier for such people to blame whatever they do in a rage on the
state they were in and the endocrin coctail they were subject to, but it is
not the state's fault. You still know what you are doing, and you still
control your actions.

This -fear of rage- argument for not keeping a gun about is BS. People who
are not going to pick up a gun and kill someone out of anger, are not going
to do it either if that anger turns to rage. People who are likely to pick up
a gun and kill somone are going to find some other way to do it even if they
can't have guns.

Granted, they are less likely to succede.

=====