Erik Reuter wrote of Thomas Covenant:
>Um, duh? He is an anti-hero.

If by anti-hero you mean whiny little bitch you wanted dead by the end of the book, I
agree.  :)

But seriously, I don't even know that I'd call him an anti-hero.  It's been a very
long time since I read the books, but right up until the end, it seemed like he was
just along for the ride.  He takes almost no action without someone forcing him into
it.

I suppose I understand why he acted that way, his believing none of world was real and
all, but I never could figure out the point of creating a protagonist no one would
like.  That was one of the reasons I disliked _Ancient of Days_, too.

Jim