Jim Sharkey wrote:

> ritu wrote:
> >most people find TC to be an irritating, whining git. :)
>
> That's only because he *is* an irritating, whiny git.  Oddly,
> though, I liked the first TC trilogy despite my strong desire
> to slap the s--- out of the main character.  I think it
> speaks well to the rest of the characters, the world, and the
> story as a whole that I managed to enjoy it despite Covenant himself.

I think that was what made me so interested in the books the first time
I read them. I kept on waiting for the rest of the characters to hit
Covenant on the head and tell him to just accept it. Most of them didn't
and I was enthralled by the Land. I have rarely come across such worlds,
where lack of coercion extends to the emotional sphere as well.
I also liked the changes the Land and its inhabitants effect in
Covenant.

Ritu

---